December 8, 2020. The Federation for Children with Special Needs conducted a follow-up parent workshop. Topics included: Planning for Transition, Employment and Vocational Training, Academic and Non-Academic Opportunities, IEP Development, and more.
April 9, 2020. The Federation for Children with Special Needs conducted a workshop, designed for parents of children on an IEP ages 14-22. The focus was to educate and empower parents throughout the IEP and education process on rights, strategies and tools to lay the foundation for successful transition into the workforce.
Specific topics included:
· why transition planning is important,
· services that could be included,
· who is eligible,
· student and parent roles in transition planning,
· role of student’s vision,
· how to prepare for a transition planning meeting,
· age of majority,
· anticipated graduation date, and
· procedural due process rights for resolving disputes.