The Federation for Children with Special Needs will be conducting a parent workshop on Thursday April 9th, designed for parents of children on an IEP ages 14-22. Stay tuned for time and location. The focus will be to educate and empower parents throughout the IEP and education process on rights, strategies and tools to lay the foundation for successful transition into the workforce.
Specific topics will include:
· why transition planning is important,
· services that could be included,
· who is eligible,
· student and parent roles in transition planning,
· role of student’s vision,
· how to prepare for a transition planning meeting,
· age of majority,
· anticipated graduation date, and
· procedural due process rights for resolving disputes.